Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Contour + 2 cameras DEFECTIVE AUDIO
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 10:57 AM   #1 (permalink)
marcdeo

Default Contour + 2 cameras DEFECTIVE AUDIO

Hey guys, just came here to offer y'all a warning about the new contour +2 cameras. I bought my camera about a month ago and it has extremely muffled audio. My buddy got his 2 weeks ago - SAME PROBLEM.

Going over the the Contour support page - there are 3 others with the EXACT same problem. Despite 3 separate customer complaints, the "support staff" doesn't seem to want to answer questions on that topic, despite them answering questions of almost every other topic. "Support" my ASS. I get the feeling the lack of written support online is simply acknowledgement that their product is faulty and they dont know what else to say. But ANY answer to paying customers is warranted - even "we dont know what's wrong but we are working on fixing it". Instead they choose to ignore their customers... totally unacceptable. Im out $550 and their appears no clear answer in sight.

I talked to Contour almost a month ago and they seemed quite cool on the phone and willing to help, so I'll give them that. what HASN'T happened is that they haven't called me to follow up. They stated they would receive the cameras 3 weeks ago and clearly they haven't, nor have they bothered to follow up and keep me informed. Keep in mind how expensive this camera is. Fortunately the original POS (Point of sale NOT piece of shit, lol) launchhelmetcams.ca seem to be very understanding. Matt at LaunchHelmetCams has been super cool at keeping me up to date and calling/emailing me. He and his website deserve credit. Even he is surprised at how often the shipment of new + 2's keeps getting pushed back... I would order from them again, but if I do, it'll be for a new GoPro.

I am almost at the breaking point. I feel it is my responsibilty to let everyone know the problems I and others am having with the camera. Rippin' season is at our doorstep and Christmas is coming and I would hate to see others blow such a huge chunk of change on such a POS (Piece of Shit, not Point of Sale)

Anyways I'll keep you all updated on this. In the meatime if you're thining about grabbing a new Contour +2 - I recommend you don't, at least until they fix this fucking problem. If GoPro changed the design and made it more tubular/low profile, they would destroy the competition.

Man, I'm PISSED!
marcdeo is offline   Reply With Quote