Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Union Atlas heel cushion. Is this how its supposed to be?
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 12:13 PM   #8 (permalink)
UNION INHOUSE
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by addi61 View Post
I ordered a set of Union Atlas bindings to try with my Never Summer Heritage. I mounted them up and adjusted everything. After strapping in my heels felt like they were sagging. The heel cushion, which is hollowed out, collapses all the way to the top sheet leaving me with a feeling of leaning back when I am standing on flat ground. Is this what the cushion is designed to do? Has anyone else noticed this or experienced problems while riding? I don't understand why Union wouldn't just fill the entire heel area with EVA to make it nice and solid. Maybe Nose Dradamous can answer my questions. Sorry the pictures are so crappy. Thanks in advance.
This is my first post, and the first snowboarding forum I've ever signed up to. Hopefully I can answer any questions pertaining to Union. For the record, I am one of the founders of Union and have been snowboarding for 27 years. That just made me feel very old...... I'm not trying to claim, or try to be the authority of all things snowboarding. I just want everybody to know that I'm not some intern working at C3, and know a thing or two about snowboard bindings.

Addressing your question - Yes, they are designed this way for added cushion in the heel area. I think you are over-analyzing it a bit (no offense). Just go ride the bindings, and I assure you won't have any issues with the binding being "too soft" in the heel area.

Travis Rice says that the Atlas is the best binding he's ever ridden. That's the honest truth. If anybody in this forum knows Travis, you know he's a man of his word, and has extremely high standards for gear. Probably 80% of our team rides the Atlas base and none of them have ever had any issues with EVA.

Thanks and happy shredding.
UNION INHOUSE is offline   Reply With Quote