Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Salomon Man's Board - Length for me - Please help
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 01:18 PM   #44 (permalink)
lonerider
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by laxinchili View Post
looks sick! but I'm being told to get the t-rice in 157 because of my weight drop and the rocker!
Yea, I would stick with looking for a 157 if you are set on the TRice only because I've read on this forum it is super stiff and while I do suggest a longer board than snowklinger, I don't believe that longer is always better.

Again... I don't want to dissuade you too much from your original choice of a Salomon's Man's Board... because once you start chasing for the "perfect board" you are never going to stop. Trust me, I know from experience.

UPDATE: From the other thread... I saw some mention a Burton Sherlock as a good freestyle powder board (I'm beginning to mix and that other thread up). There happens to be one used 157 model in very good condition on sale at Geartrade for 50% off. There was also a TRS 159 (which I "think" is what the TRice is based on) for 54% off, but it has a lot of maintenance issues with it (needs base repair, base grind, edge redone... a bit of a hassle).

Last edited by lonerider; 11-14-2012 at 01:23 PM.
lonerider is offline   Reply With Quote