Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Salomon Man's Board - Length for me - Please help
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 12:29 PM   #47 (permalink)
lonerider
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by laxinchili View Post
edit: and the PROTOoooo
Lol... ok, I can stop you there. I own the Proto 154. It's a great all-mountain freestyle board... but it's NOT what you are looking for. Look at the Cobra instead - it's a stiffer/damper Proto with a directional freeride/powder friendly shape.

However, take the amount of talk on this forum about it with a grain of salt. It only came out this fall to the public... I think only four people on this forum have actually ridden it Snowolf, Leo, BurtonAvenger and... BGilly(sp?). Never Summer literally gave them a Cobra to regular joe riders Snowolf and Leo to review (knowing they would rave about it and make people on this forum foam at the mouth for it). BurtonAvenger is associated with the industry and has his own review website - AngrySnowboarder.com. And BGilly (I forget his actual name) tried it at a demo and actually preferred the Heritage to it (I got the feeling from BurtonAvenger's review, he still prefers the Heritage... read the comments after the review).

The Cobra is probably an awesome board, anyone aside from those guy are basically just buying into the hype (it's possible for a good board to be over-hyped).

Update: Added a link to BA's review of the Cobra.

Last edited by lonerider; 11-14-2012 at 12:38 PM.
lonerider is offline   Reply With Quote