Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - The Official Michigan Winter Thread
View Single Post
post #2198 of (permalink) Old 11-14-2012, 12:49 PM
sabatoa
-Weekend Warrior-

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krismiss View Post
Skill level, I would say intermediate to advanced. We usually have a season pass at blue mountain. Some park but mostly downhill. I would like to try half pipe again, it's been about ten years. My husband loves glades runs. Also we're staying for a couple days so nightlife and resort are important too.
Highlands had a nice halfpipe last season, both highlands and mountain had nice kickers too if that's your thing.

Here is a map I made of the Michigan resorts, you can see where they are and some general information about them.

I could be wrong but while Highlands is farther north, I think it's closer to off resort nightlife. Petoskey is within 15-20 minutes of the resort and I've enjoyed a good pub or two there.

Dave was right about Crystal having a nice resort feel and good restaurants despite the small size but I'm not sure about the off site offerings in/around Thompsonville.

If you're just sticking to the resort then I know Boyne Mountain has the rep of being a party atmosphere. I just don't know that first hand.

If it were me choosing, I'd go Highlands.

'12 NS Legacy 163

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Days on snow 2015/2016 season:
  • Boyne Highlands: 16
  • Boyne Mountain: 2
  • Mt Holly: 1
  • Caberfae Peaks: 1
  • Nubs Nob: 1
  • Lake Louise: 3