Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Salomon Man's Board - Length for me - Please help
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 12:49 PM   #49 (permalink)
lonerider
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by laxinchili View Post
noted, thanks.

Could you please recommend me a board from the following companies:

GNU, Rossi, Salomon, K2, Capita, Burton, Ride, Jones
Down down the rabbit hole!

Well ok, I have a personal bias against Mervin companies (Gnu, Libtech, Rossi are all owned by Mervin) because I don't like BTX or MTX (to be fair I haven't ridden the latest C2BTX or C3BTX). If you really want to try... I think my friend has a 2009 Lib Tech Jamie Lynn Phoenix 155 (156?) he's been trying to get rid of.

Salomon Man's Board sounds good.

K2 I really love the old Jibpan, but they discontinued that model (not sure if there is a renamed version). I have ridden the 2011 Parkstar and 2011 Fastplant and they were decent freestyle board... but something in the construction made them kind of "meh" for me as that didn't have a lot of pop in my mind. I read about Slayblade, TurboDream and Raygun... but since I haven't ridden it myself, I can't say much.

Capita - I never got to know this brand well enough. I hear people shout out Horrorscope (freestyle?) and BSOD (camber freeride?), but I know next to nothing about what those boards are like.

I generally have shied away from Burton boards in recent years (I did ride there first gen rocker in like 2009-2010 and it was crap... I think they have a new version out now).

Ride - I used to like their boards, but they've renamed all the boards and I have no idea now.

Jones - only board I've research is the Hovercraft... and it didn't sounds like the board I wanted (they sound very stiff, and not very damp and they like to go in a straight line). Kirkrider has one (but hasn't ridden it yet).

Last edited by lonerider; 11-14-2012 at 12:51 PM.
lonerider is offline   Reply With Quote