Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Never Summer Boards
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 01:00 PM   #2 (permalink)
lonerider
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnoxBoarderX View Post
It seems like there are a lot of Never Summer fans on here. I'm not in the market for a new board, but I was just curious what the appeal of Never Summer boards are compared to other boards?
My first NS board was a 2003 Never Summer Evo and to be honest, while it was a decent board... it didn't blow my mind. I've had 4 NS boards in the last 6 years, heck I had a Never Summer board on my wedding cake!

But even then I don't feel beholden to their company - if I find another company is making a better board, I'm going to buy from that company (well maybe not Burton). I support Never Summer, but I'm not blindly devoted to it.

I think the rocker camber hybrid revolution (that they arguable started), the fact that all of their boards are made in the USA, and social media hype launched their popularity through the roof. I'm sure Libtech disagrees but according to this article, they invented the first modern rocker camber hybrid board (forget Inca Snowboards) and took a huge risk to bring it to market (they actually recalled all their original board for that season at a significant cost to put out the rockered variants) and hence deserve much of the success they have been getting. Of course, with all popularity and success comes hype and backlash.

Last edited by lonerider; 11-14-2012 at 01:17 PM.
lonerider is offline   Reply With Quote