Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - the best all mountain board???
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 01:51 PM   #22 (permalink)
Blitzer

In regards to the review of the Antler on thegoodride.com, I'm not sure about that review. I was interested in that board too, so I looked at that immediately after they posted their new reviews a few weeks ago. What jumped out to me was that it is listed as "twin-ish" and that it has a "setback stance." Well, it IS a twin, but usually twin-ish means almost twin or twin-like in reference to non-centered boards. Hence the next comment of "setback stance." Well, its not setback. Burton's site doesn't say that (they say the opposite), and I've handled/examined the board in person at my local store and it definately is NOT setback.

I figured it was an error so I emailed the guy, but he stood behind the review as-is and said it definately was a setback which makes me think that on that particular board, he is confused.

I don't mean to beat up on him or his site, I actually like their site, but would only "trust" what they say if they post an "in-depth" review (look at tabs below the basic description/snowflake ratings) on the board/binding/etc. My guess is that they said the edge hold was not so good just because that is how they feel about all of Burton's Flying V shaped boards, and are expecting that to be the case. I've only read one review of the Antler and they really liked it and had no complaints about edgehold.

Last edited by Blitzer; 11-14-2012 at 01:53 PM.
Blitzer is offline   Reply With Quote