Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Salomon Man's Board - Length for me - Please help
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 03:20 PM   #53 (permalink)
lonerider
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by laxinchili View Post
hehehe I'll read around for a while more before dropping cash on it

but next come the bindings... I have some salomon spx pros from 05, these ones:

Now, how much better are current bindings with toecaps??
Do you guys these are still viable??
I wanted to upgrade to Salomon Chiefs for this year, but if the upgrade wont be very noticeable/don't really need it, I would rather save the $$$.
I actually do like true toecaps (I haven't been a fan of the hybrid toecap design that Rome has been sporting recently) - but I don't think they are a must have feature... you probably can buy some toecaps and retrofit your current bindings.

In my opinion, I think your bindings still usable. The main job of the binding is to attach your boot to the board, and that really hasn't changed too much. In general bindings have just gotten lighter, with more adjustment options and are slightly more comfortable/ergonomic/responsive... but they are incremental changes (although 6 years of changes do add up). Always buy previous season gear... so maybe wait until the spring to buy whatever binding you are eyeing right now for 50% off. Also... it is often easier to adjust to new gear if you only change one item (board/boot/bindings) at a time.

Last edited by lonerider; 11-14-2012 at 03:22 PM.
lonerider is offline   Reply With Quote