Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Union Flite
Thread: Union Flite
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 04:50 PM   #4 (permalink)
Gdog42

They're good bindings but I wouldn't go for them as your first pair, because I think they'd be too soft if your still a beginner.
The Flite's highback is really flexible, so it's much more suited to terrain park riding. If you're doing all mountain riding, it's better to have a stiffer highback but not too stiff. -My first bindings had a rock-hard highback, you couldn't bend them at all, and that made it uncomfortable.
Right now I have a pair of Union DLXs, and they are great. The highback is soft, but not too soft: just the right amount of flex. They're perfect for me because I do both all-mountain and terrain park; they are flexible enough for the park yet stiff enough for powder and groomers.
I'd get something with a medium-flex highback that way you'll be comfortable wherever you are snowboarding.
Here's a breakdown of 5 of Union's bindings, in order from least to most expensive:
DLX: Medium
Flite: Soft
Force: Medium
Atlas: Stiff
Or you could try another brand. Burton is awesome too, and most of their bindings have a medium flex which is better for starting out.
Hope that helps.