Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - New board...
Thread: New board...
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 05:07 PM   #30 (permalink)
lonerider
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrathfuldeity View Post
fwiw...i don't ride much switch...but there are times, in the tight spots at Baker that a twin is useful.
Replace "twin" with "actually knowing how to ride switch properly." I agree with walove and hktrdr... unless it has a ton of taper or a flat/swallowtail... you can ride pretty much anything switch. I too learned my 540s on a directional board with setback. This guy is riding switch a 177 cm board, with ridiculuous forward angles (like +60, +55).

I would never recommend this... but people get too hung up on true twin for riding switch (btw, I believe that video was also taken during that guy's second or third season of snowboarding. I don't know about you, but I was a little jealous). I do 180s and ride switch on my powder board, which has 2 inches of setback, and a 20 mm taper in the tail ... it's not ideal, but I can do it. People... if you are having trouble riding switch... it's not the board... it's because you are bad at riding switch.

Last edited by lonerider; 11-14-2012 at 05:14 PM.
lonerider is offline   Reply With Quote