Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Heli-boarding - Snowwater
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 04:12 PM   #2 (permalink)
atr3yu
Veteran Member

Snowwater's base camp is like 20min from where I live and their lodge is only like an hour away. I have not been there myself, but have met some of the staff and they all seemed great. They are associated with the rescue of some people last year during an avalanche Two skiers killed in B.C. avalanche - Canada - Canoe.ca I would say if you are coming to my neck of the woods for resort, heli, or cat boarding you are in for a good god damn time my friend!

As far as other operations in the area, Baldface, Retallack, Valhalla Power Cats, Big Red Cats.

The skill level question I think is only something you can answer. I am 30, last year was my first year boarding and I have a chance to go to Baldface with work. There is no way I am not going. I'll just man up and get better as the day goes by.

The video/picture stuff I would say buy something man. If this is going to be once in a lifetime you want to be able to go back and experience it, I know I would. I would check with them as I know Baldface has a professional photographer follow you around as part of their packages. You get to review all the pictures in the lodge after dinner.

Ok, so with all that, my info is subjective to my opinion as I have no actual experience. I just get stoked when people are coming out my way to experience the awesomeness!
atr3yu is online now   Reply With Quote