Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Helmets - Detuning Board - comp of questions
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 06:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
NewbALewb

Default Helmets - Detuning Board - comp of questions

My wife and I will be snowboarding for the first time shortly, and I was curious if I should buy helmets. Im sure this question has been asked to death, but I figure i will start the debate all over again !

I have never de-tuned a board, should i attempt this, or should i pay someone to do this. I have a new board, and its edges are super sharp. I have watched some youtube videos on it, and it doesnt seem all that difficult, but I am a newb... O ya , I do not plan on goign to the park ever, my main goal is to be able to carve down a pillowish cloud of marshmallowy white stuff, listening to bob marley " sober" being @ 1 with the universe " or something like that" .

My board - http://www.snowboard-review.com/snow...t_series_btx1/

Would a patagonia R2 jacket, and a non insulated goretex shell be enough to keep us warm while snowboarding?

Should i get wrist guards just in case?

Do i need to even take lessons when snowwolf has that bad ass "how to" on youtube?

I dont care what people think, but will I look completely gay " no offense to the gays" if I am trying to put the smack down on the bunny slope, with a helmet on ?

p.s - If you can think of any more random stuff you were unsure about the first time you went boarding, please feel free to post it here.

Last edited by NewbALewb; 11-14-2012 at 08:57 PM.
NewbALewb is offline   Reply With Quote