Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Helmets - Detuning Board - comp of questions
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 07:54 PM   #4 (permalink)
budderbear

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbALewb View Post
My wife and I will be snowboarding for the first time shortly, and I was curious if I should buy helmets. Im sure this question has been asked to death, but I figure i will start the debate all over again !

I have never de-tuned a board, should i attempt this, or should i pay someone to do this. I have a new board, and its edges are super sharp. I have watched some youtube videos on it, and it doesnt seem all that difficult, but I am a newb...

Would a patagonia R2 jacket, and a non insulated goretex shell be enough to keep us warm while snowboarding?

Should i get wrist guards just in case?

Do i need to even take lessons when snowwolf has that bad ass "how to" on youtube?

I dont care what people think, but will I look completely gay " no offense to the gays" if I am trying to put the smack down on the bunny slope, with a helmet on ?

p.s - If you can think of any more random stuff you were unsure about the first time you went boarding, please feel free to post it here.

Yes, you'll look totally gay, beginners should never wear a helmet, only pros!
budderbear is offline   Reply With Quote