Some quick tips...
1. Take off your bindings or loosen the hardware to prevent dimples from forming when you apply heat to your base.
2. Less is more. The first time you wax, you'll probably use too much and you'll realize this when you're scraping. As you get a couple of waxes in, though, you will be able to gauge more accurately how much to put on the board.
3. Travel irons are small, stowable, and cheap. Make sure there are no sharp edges on the bottom of the iron to gouge your base though.
4. Don't wax directly over carpet.
5. Let the board cool down completely before scraping.
Its an easy process/ritual that you'll get more efficient with over time. Your first time you'll probably make a mess. Have fun.
Last edited by DanX; 11-15-2012 at 07:03 AM.