Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Board lenght question
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 07:51 AM   #12 (permalink)
goranl82

Hi everyone and thanks for your replies. I'm getting more and more confused by the differences in lenght of similar snowboard models from different manufacturers. For example, when comparing the Rome Agent to the Burton Custom, which was supposed to be almost identical board, one can see that the latter is available in many different lenghts, going up to 169, while the longest Agent comes in 160. Bataleon Evil Twin and Riot also come longest in 159. Is that because Burton makes boards for a wider variety of riders weights, or is the Custom ridden longer due to differences in shape? For me, carving is currently the first thing I would like to learn properly. That' why I chose to stay with a cambered board. On the other hand, where I live the possibilities of riding powder are limited on only a few days per season, but there is park. Thats why I would go shorter - to allow for better park riding possibilities as I get better. So i thought that the Agent in 158 would be a good compromise for me... Would you recommend any other brand/model for me?
goranl82 is offline   Reply With Quote