Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Did I screw up on multiple issues for this board/bindings/boots combo?
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 06:59 AM   #3 (permalink)
KungMartin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropical View Post
Hi, I'm starting to get stressed out the more I read up on snowboarding gear.

I have recently bought my own board/bindings/boots after consulting websites, reviews and whatnot with the purpose of buying stuff for beginners.

I'm 163lbs (74 kg) and 5ft6.14in (168cm). I'm all-mountain style I think? Because that's what some sites told me to go for since I'm a beginner.

My Gear:
Board: Burton Blunt (151cm)
Bindings: Ride LX Series (M)
Boots : Ride Jackson Boa Coiler (Size US 9)

I just read up on 3 things that worry me. 1st, My boots and bindings are all-mountain boots while my board is freestyle. Is that going to affect me a lot?

2nd, I don't understand flex rating. My board and bindings are flex of 3, so that's soft? My boots have a flex of 7, so that's stiff? I read a comment in this forum that say I should try to match my gear flex so that they are around the same. So did I screw up badly?

3rd, I used my chin height to get my board length. But from what I read on this forum, I should use weight instead. Is 151 cm too short?
i hate to break it to you, but 151 is too short for your weight. you should be at at least 154. 156 would have been your best bet. UNLESS you plan to only run in the park and jibb.

then again considering your length it probably won't be as big a problem aa for someone with your weight and 5'11 (178cm)+. but length plays a very minimal role.

i wanted to be as nice as possible about this, but it will help you more if i'm honest.

:/

hope you can sort it out!
KungMartin is offline   Reply With Quote