Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - The Official Michigan Winter Thread
View Single Post
post #2208 of (permalink) Old 11-15-2012, 10:53 AM
sabatoa
-Weekend Warrior-

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 363 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeIn248 View Post
Thanks, I might check it out. I have been in the pipe a handful of times, but not recently. I took a park/pipe lesson about 7-8 years ago. Then later that season on a trip to Lake Tahoe, on the first or second day of the trip, I was feeling confident and went into a big pipe and twisted up my back, which caused me problems for the rest of the trip. So now I'm super cautious about going in again. I've also been in a special kids mini-pipe, which I found impossible to actually do anything in. (Crested Butte -- the choices were kids' pipe with maybe 5-6-foot walls vs. super pipe with 22-foot walls)

Does Nubs Nob still do a pipe? I know I rode one there a few times when it was over on that separate spot with the rope tow, which is now set up for racing. But then they moved it. Last season I don't remember seeing one, but I think it was early in the season when I was there.
The new website for Nubs doesn't mention a pipe; ridenubsnob

I ventured into Highland's pipe last year. I had no damn idea what I was doing. haha

I can go up and down the right side (my toe side, I'm regular) but I was having fits on the left wall.

'12 NS Legacy 163
'17 NS Funslinger 157x

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Days on snow 2016/2017 season:
  • Boyne Highlands: 16
  • Boyne Mountain: 1
  • Mt Brighton: 1
  • Caberfae Peaks: 2
  • Nubs Nob:
  • Brighton:
  • Solitude:
  • Park City:

Days on snow 2015/2016 season: 24