Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Heli-boarding - Snowwater
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 10:16 AM   #9 (permalink)
MeanJoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowRock View Post
First of all.. awesome.

Secondly, I would ask if you are locked into this operator?

I'm an east coaster that is in the preliminary stages of getting plans together for something very similar. So none of this comes form experience... but plenty of day dreaming and web surfing.

I have started to lean more towards making it a cat trip. As Kill noted, you can get as much if not more vert in based upon all the research I have done.Terrain is just as awesome... cost a bit less and a bit more flexibility with weather. If you are sold on the nelson area Baldface looks absolutely amazing and the the others Atr3yu mentions all get sick reviews.

The other thing I have been looking at is getting to Revelstoke, doing some riding there to get your legs and then finishing with a cat trip with Chatter Creek or Mustang.

In terms of skill level as SnoWolf suggests its all about being honest and upfront. They will basically tailor the experience to your skill level. My goal is to get a large enough group to fill a cat.

Conditioning.. if like me, you aren't a gym guy, get a mt bike and ride as much as you can. There are also some leg exercises you can do with just an exercise ball that can really help.
Awesome is right. Don't tell my fiance but I'm more excited about this potential trip than our honeymoon. LOL

I am not locked in with this operator but I heard about them last year when I was talking with a co-worker and he mentioned them. They are attractive to me because they go for the boutique experience - they only have 12 guests at a time and 4 people per guide. Gourmet meals with wine pairings each night also appeals to me. I'm open to other operators but my co-worker also hinted strongly when we chatted again this week that he would also be interested in going there again. So nothing is booked or finalized, it is just where I'm leaning for now and continuing to do more research on options.

And yes, I am not a gym guy. I need to be a gym guy. Haha!
MeanJoe is offline   Reply With Quote