Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Backcountry Camping in Tenesee
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 10:30 AM   #18 (permalink)
snowvols
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderChunky View Post
Not sure our route yet. Kinda wanna do a horseshoe shape starting from where the AT exits the park. Gonna do a little more research to find out where I want to go and what's to see. We are gonna try to cover A LOT of ground each day. We are gonna pretty much be jogging. Once this semester is over I'll have time to sit down and really map out where we are gonna go. Are the trails marked? I don't really feel like navigating the entire time with a map compass and azimuth. I mean we'll have them in case we get lost, but it'll slow us down to navigate like that.
I recommend going up and over Glingmans Dome for sure. Yes the AT is marked with white blazes. Super easy to follow. I don't know if it is practical but you could take two cars and park them at different spots so you don't have to back track or anything like that.