Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Board lenght question
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 11:39 AM   #16 (permalink)
lonerider
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zany View Post
I was riding 151 Evo at 190lbs..without problem all over the mountain. Its not about lenght:P
BS... yes, the universe will not explode if you ride a 151 at 190 lbs... but unless you are riding just in the park or just slowly making your way down the mountain as a beginner - the 151 Evo at 190 lbs will just tend start flapping and chattering once you start picking up speed on a steep slope. Where a properly sized board will carve, a riding a 151 cm at 190 lbs will skid.

Zany I noticed a few years ago, you previously posted that you were 160 lbs when you first got you your 09-10 Evo 151. are you still growing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zany
Style: Intermediate
Experience: 5 years
Weight: 160 lbs
Height: 5' 8"
Board: Never Summer evo-r 151
In a later post, you admit that your Evo 151 wasn't very good for hard charging down groomers and you were looking a 158 cm board.

Quote:
About my situation..I have Ns evo for park/allmountain but wanted something for hard charging ,groomers , resort powder,kickers,slackcountry maybe some backcountry.I found some boards that fits my needs but found really cheap brand new K2 gyrator with some limited graphic (see pics).
So my question is..Will shorter (158cm @ my 160lbs) directional powder board like gyrator do the job done for me?
BTW, you are a very quick learner since on January 11 you posted that you had just learned to do 180s after watching the Snowboard Addiction instructional videos (congratulations).
Quote:
B4 this trip i was doing rotated FS 180 and sloppy counter rotated BS180 ,FS tail rolls.. After six days on the snow, with just 2 (yes two) falls which hurts a little bit..I have on lock counter rotated fs 180, rotated and counter rotated FS and BS 180
Less than two weeks later on January 23rd you were giving advice to people about 540s and 720s.

Quote:
More airtime for grabbing. Its easier to spin 7 off 30ft

Last edited by lonerider; 11-15-2012 at 11:54 AM.
lonerider is offline   Reply With Quote