Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Whats your Stance? Survey for my research and your safety!
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 01:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
nieveparasiempr

Default Whats your Stance? Survey for my research and your safety!

Yes....this is a survey and I'm new here and it's my first post. So per your rules (sorry for not seeing them earlier):

1. I don't have equipment to make a vid of myself now, so here's some stoke some friends and I made from last season:

https://vimeo.com/36208529

2. My thesis will be measuring forces and torques on riders in terrain parks to identify sources that could contribute to injuries and how they can be prevented.

I'll be having riders wear my sensors and this suit while jumping into airbags, foam pits and in the parks. I'll be gladly accepting volunteers later this season....

There's a vid of a rider in the park wearing the suit at this link under the movies tab: Xsens MVN : Inertial Motion Capture - Xsens

With the movement data from the suit, and the sensors I spent my summer building the sensors you see pictured below, we'll have a complete picture of mechanically what's happening on different types of jumps, what contributes to someone eating shit, and how we can design jumps better and hopefully keep people from breaking their backs, blowing knees, etc unless it's their own fault.

NOW to the survey. If you've gotten this far, you would have already finished it....I need to get a good sample of what kind of angles your bindings are mounted on while riding in parks so I can calibrate some force and torque senors I've designed (below) to those angles. So instead of having to calibrate at every degree, I can hopefully calibrate at 5 - 10 degree increments.

Let me know in my lame survey HERE: LAME BINDING SURVEY

Please also notice that the angles for the rear binding are positive rotating out, rather than negative like what's commonly used. Since a lot have already responded to it I'm leaving it as is.

Thanks a million!

Last edited by nieveparasiempr; 11-15-2012 at 04:03 PM.
nieveparasiempr is offline   Reply With Quote