Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - The Official Michigan Winter Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 03:16 PM   #2214 (permalink)
sabatoa
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by chomps1211 View Post
I didn't care for Caberfe when I went. But that was spring of '11 a few weeks after my first lesson. Crappy snow, still super wobbly on the board, and really limited as to what runs I would risk.

I may have to check it out now that I can ride a blue or black without screamin' like a little girl!! (...I still do but now it's with Joy, instead of Terror!)

Maybe I'll get sick one fri. soon and head up there. (I'll b working fri. after TG so not an option next weekend.)
I think Cab is under-rated.

"Shelter", that green that unloads right at the lodge, that run sucks. It was pitted as hell last season and their "park" right there is atrocious but once you get on the other runs you can have a lot of fun, especially if you're comfortable riding narrower cat-tracks.

They build a little kicker (I'm bad with sizes but I'll include a pic below) that is perfect for people just getting into real jumps and decent air.

They have a ton of terrain between the two peaks so I never feel bored there and you can't beat their prices, even better than the shitty hills down here.

My only complaint I guess is that there's basically no park and the narrow'ish main runs get crowded like whoa at trail merges/crossings on the weekends.

The jump referenced above;
  • Boyne Mountain: 0
  • Mt Holly: 1
  • Mt. Brighton: 0
  • Caberfae Peaks: 0
  • Crystal Mountain: 0
  • Bittersweet: 0

Last edited by sabatoa; 11-15-2012 at 03:21 PM.
sabatoa is offline   Reply With Quote