Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Board lenght question
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 04:10 PM   #28 (permalink)
lonerider
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zany View Post
I said without problem, it wasn't ideal but didn't notice any big problem anywhere. In short: I just wanted to say that 2-3cm don't make big difference in performance.
Would have been better if you said that in the first place (and that you were actually 180 lbs). Your original reply of "I was riding 151 Evo at 190lbs..without problem all over the mountain. Its not about lenght:P" can easily be misunderstood by someone who doesn't know much about snowboards.

Quote:
I often see that people are struggling if they pick board 3cm longer they cant go to park or hit a rail because is too big for that...3% more or less lenght won't make a big difference.
It goes both ways... if going down 3cm in length doesn't make a huge difference in freeriding... it also means it doesn't make a difference in the park if you board is just 3 cm longer. I think that idea that you can't do a 50-50 on a rail because the board is 3 cm longer is nonsense. You can't do a jump or a rail in the park because you are bad at it - not because the board is 2% longer and heavier. Like you said... a long, stiff board is not ideal for park, but it's also not a 'big problem". Check out this guy doing jumps and halfpipe on a 222 cm board (I know some have already seen it). I don't have a video of it, but I've done nosepresses, noserolls, and boardslides on Rad Air Tanker 172 cm board (again, not ideal or recommended...)

Quote:
I started to workout back then..so my weight is going up and down often.
Man... you were hitting the weights to gain/fluctuate between 160 lbs to 190 lbs. Didn't have any chemical assistance? jk. I'm just jealous because I have a light frame and can't build much muscle mass.

Last edited by lonerider; 11-15-2012 at 04:17 PM.
lonerider is offline   Reply With Quote