Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - long flat straight aways
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 05:52 PM   #16 (permalink)
IdahoFreshies
Land of the Potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShredLife View Post
in spots where it feels like you need to keep a flat base to keep speed stay as flat as you can - while still favoring one edge over the other. you can even kind of 'micro carve' and switch from flat/heel to flat/toes.. its when you get truly flat-based and standing up tall that you catch the worst edges.

that's another thing: keep you knees bent and stay aggressive. too many people get to the runout or the cat track and they stand up perfectly straight and start fucking with their iphone and the next thing you know - scorpion!
right here. Just having your edge in the snow a bit will keep you from catching that forward edge and doing the glorious scorpion. If you cant keep yourself truly flat based and pointed straight down hill then just switch back and forth between heel and toe edge while still staying pointed down hill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrathfuldeity View Post
Megwell, just do the micro carving or what Snowolf does...but it sometimes won't get you through a long flat. There is such a thing as flatbasing that is really easy and there is really no fear nor reason to catch an edge once you understand the dynamics...however its not a beginner's skill. If you want to meet up and do the flats at baker from mid-chair to chair 2/3 let me know.
also this. Being able to ride flat based and scream down a run just takes some refined muscle memory so you know how to react to the slightest little twitch and movement that the board makes that would other wise wipe you out. I mean these movements are such that if you actually thought about doing them then you would probably over do them and throw yourself off. Staying low and centered is the best way to ride flat base. You also can put a bit more weight on your back foot for more control.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShredLife View Post
do they even make chaps with asses?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger View Post
I think they call them pants

Last edited by IdahoFreshies; 11-15-2012 at 05:58 PM.
IdahoFreshies is offline   Reply With Quote