Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - First day with a Never Summer Evo... stiff?
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 07:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
canbc

Default First day with a Never Summer Evo... stiff?

First a bit of background. I've been snowboarding for about 12 seasons. Get in about 25 days each season. I used to love bombing big mountain runs at Whistler on my Custom X but in the last couple years I've completely mellowed out and mainly ride a smaller local mountain. Now I'm mostly dorking around, doing ground tricks, 180s and boardslides. Last year I bought a Rome Postermania 153 which was really soft, playful and had nice pop. It felt slightly large for me though and I wanted to size down.

This season I bought a 2012 Never Summer Evo 150 paired with 2013 Burton Malavitas. I was looking for a pure park board for jibs, jumps and buttering around. Rode it for the first time today and it feels quite a bit stiffer than I was expecting. Buttering around felt like a chore. Tail manuals weren't effortless and I barely could get nose manuals going. It was the first day of my season so I could just be rusty. Maybe the board needs more time to break in. Maybe my expectations were too high. Not entirely sure.

I actually took a lift up with another guy who had an identical board. He told me he loved his and he found it soft and flexy.

Other first impressions: The build quality is great and I love the blue base with the green eagle. It felt smooth and catch-free on the boxes that were set up. No decent jumps were available so I didn't get a good feel for the pop but it only felt so-so popping over rollers. It's a twin so of course riding switch feels great.

It's last years board so I'm probably not telling you guys anything new but I would be interested if anyone else found the 2012 Evo a bit stiff.
canbc is offline   Reply With Quote