Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - First day with a Never Summer Evo... stiff?
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 08:18 PM   #4 (permalink)
lonerider
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by canbc View Post
First a bit of background. I've been snowboarding for about 12 seasons. Get in about 25 days each season. I used to love bombing big mountain runs at Whistler on my Custom X but in the last couple years I've completely mellowed out and mainly ride a smaller local mountain. Now I'm mostly dorking around, doing ground tricks, 180s and boardslides. Last year I bought a Rome Postermania 153 which was really soft, playful and had nice pop. It felt slightly large for me though and I wanted to size down.

It's last years board so I'm probably not telling you guys anything new but I would be interested if anyone else found the 2012 Evo a bit stiff.
Absolutely not. I rode the 2012 Evo 153 when I was around 150 lbs (how much do you weigh?). While it is not ridiculuously noodlely like a Ride Kink or Burton Dominant ... it is still a pretty soft board, especially compared to something like the Custom X (what length were you riding?). I'm not familiar with the Postermania, but according to the Rome website... that isn't a jib board either.

With your experience and background, I think it is a lot more to do with rust and the fact that you might not have found the sweet spots on the flex for the Evo 150 yet.

Another thought: it kind of sound like while you are an experience freerider... you are relatively new to jibbing (i.e. started it last year). Is that true?

Last edited by lonerider; 11-15-2012 at 08:25 PM.
lonerider is offline   Reply With Quote