Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - long flat straight aways
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 08:24 PM   #17 (permalink)
wrathfuldeity
Resident poet

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdahoFreshies View Post
right here. Just having your edge in the snow a bit will keep you from catching that forward edge and doing the glorious scorpion. If you cant keep yourself truly flat based and pointed straight down hill then just switch back and forth between heel and toe edge while still staying pointed down hill.

also this. Being able to ride flat based and scream down a run just takes some refined muscle memory so you know how to react to the slightest little twitch and movement that the board makes that would other wise wipe you out. I mean these movements are such that if you actually thought about doing them then you would probably over do them and throw yourself off. Staying low and centered is the best way to ride flat base. You also can put a bit more weight on your back foot for more control.
I actually kind of do the opposite when riding flats, standing upright, relaxed, knees and ankles loose, shoulders/hips closed and weight on the nose. Btw OP, good practice is to skate/ride 1 footy down the bunny hills whenever possible. Though if you are screaming flat, i.e., bombing down a run...you go low, more fore/aft centered and ride loose in the knees and sucking them up.

Last edited by wrathfuldeity; 11-15-2012 at 08:30 PM.
wrathfuldeity is offline   Reply With Quote