Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - First day with a Never Summer Evo... stiff?
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 08:57 PM   #6 (permalink)
lonerider
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by canbc View Post
I weigh 140 to 145. The custom X was a 152. On paper, the postermania doesn't look like a jib board but I found it softer than my friend's WWW.

It definitely could have been some rust and not being used to the board. I only got about 7 or 8 runs in this morning. I've never ridden an RC board either. The postermania is rocker/flat and it didn't take more than a few runs for me to 'feel the board' if you can understand what I'm trying to say.

Yup what you're saying is true. The majority of my snowboarding experience is freeriding. I started to mellow out two maybe three seasons ago. Last season was when I started to spend more than 50% of my time in the park. I plateaued for a while when freeriding and now focusing in the park has made snowboarding fun all over again in a new way.
Really... I thought the WWW would be softer ... oh well

Yea... its going to take a little time to get used to the flex/press points of a RC board. I went from a camber SL 155 to a RC SL 155 and it wasn't more than a day for me.

I'm 33 myself and I've swing back and forth between park and freeriding, depend on which group of friends I've been riding with. Right now I'm the middle of a park phase... but I'm pretty sure this will be the last as my body is simply not recovering as fast as it used to... although air bag technology and foam pits have given me a little extension.
lonerider is offline   Reply With Quote