Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Bought a Proto CT, sending it back for something else
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 08:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
bigblaster

Default Bought a Proto CT, sending it back for something else

Ok, so I bought a proto because I was interested in the Hybrid Camber tech, and also I wanted to jump on the Never Summer wagon- I've had my eye on NS for a while. After doing some serious thinking, I've realized the Hybrid Camber probably isn't for me, and is quite literally the opposite camber profile of the board I have been riding for the past 2 years (Indoor Survival FK). Just from flexing it around jumping around on the carpet I can tell the Ollie is going to feel awkward along with the presses when I take it to the snow. Don't get me wrong, this board is sooo nice. It's just not my style.

I am considering a Rome Mod Rocker, but I would like some recommendations on boards, preferably with flat/zero camber between inserts and rocker in the nose/tail. Also something with some sort of grip tech and similar in flex to the proto, maybe be a touch less.

My riding style is mainly freestyle, I spend about %40 of my time i the park on jumps and rails. I'm 5'11 175, so I'll prob go with a board in the 155-159 range.

Thanks
bigblaster is offline   Reply With Quote