Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Did I screw up on multiple issues for this board/bindings/boots combo?
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 10:26 PM   #38 (permalink)
lonerider
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxdaca View Post
true, there are many teaching/learning philosphies that can be applied. another example that i can add is about the board profile. reverse camber is "supposed" to be the easier way to learn, but when i taught my uncle he said the camber board was easier to control. so i guess that would be personal preference.

in this case i think the easier option fits better his situation.
I agree... it can't be so difficult that the person quits. I'm just saying if you do make it through the trial by fire... you will be tempered steel!

The thing with camber is you know exactly where you balance is. You are either on you uphill edge, flatboard... or on the ground (because you caught your downhill edge). Well, before that you will see snow popping over your board (indicator that you downhill edge is beginning to drag into the snow... you will feel it too).

With reverse camber you can be in no-man's land where you aren't quite flat boarding, but you aren't really on edge either (and you might be leaning towards your downhill edge but you don't know yet -- until you slam). In that case you board can rotate like a rudderless raft in a river (spinning randomly).
lonerider is offline   Reply With Quote