Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Lib Tech TRS 159 or 162?
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 01:45 AM   #1 (permalink)
Pkinsp

Default Lib Tech TRS 159 or 162?

This is my first posting and just looking for some advice on board size. I am looking at a Lib Tech TRS 159 and 162. Iím 6 ft, 190 lb, size 10 boot, all mountain rider. My skill level is probably closer to advanced than intermediate. I have five years of boarding experience on a traditional cambered Salomon Special 159 which I loved until I damaging and not being able to P-Tex back to life. What I enjoyed about the Salomon was its quick turn initiation and pop on the jumps. What I hated about the Special was that it sunk like a stone in the powder, particularly when I would launch off cornices.

I definitely want lots of pop in my new board, and the ability to flip the board in any direction, control at fast speed, float in pow, quick turn initiation in the trees, make grabs and land jumps without catching. I rarely hit the park but may get more interested with the right board. I take whatever lip, cornice or jump I can find on a standard groomer.

Iím leaning towards a 162. I hear the TRS softens up after 20 or so uses and I want to keep some flex to the board. The 162s are rated a 7 flex, while the 159 are rated 6. Iíve got some buddies that haul down the slope and I want to make sure I can hold my line and keep up. (I initially looked at the T Rice lineup for the bombproof stability at speed, but decided I wanted to keep the playful nature of the TRS.) Also, I am concerned about the magna traction and progressive cut making the turns too sharp on the 159, and I'm thinking a 162 might hold a more consistent line.

If it helps, I plan to mount Salomon Hologramís on the board. I learned on the Relay Pro and the heel play comes naturally to me. Thanks for your input.

Last edited by Pkinsp; 11-16-2012 at 01:53 AM.
Pkinsp is offline   Reply With Quote