Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - First day with a Never Summer Evo... stiff?
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 03:19 AM   #7 (permalink)
canbc

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonerider View Post
Really... I thought the WWW would be softer ... oh well

Yea... its going to take a little time to get used to the flex/press points of a RC board. I went from a camber SL 155 to a RC SL 155 and it wasn't more than a day for me.

I'm 33 myself and I've swing back and forth between park and freeriding, depend on which group of friends I've been riding with. Right now I'm the middle of a park phase... but I'm pretty sure this will be the last as my body is simply not recovering as fast as it used to... although air bag technology and foam pits have given me a little extension.
I hear you. I'm around your age and wear upper and lower body protection when riding now. I do a lot of night riding and it comes in handy in the park.

Just to clarify, I didn't mean that the Evo is stiff compared to a Custom X. I just I find it on the stiff side from what I was expecting for a park board. I'm still planning to ride it for this season so hopefully it will grow on me soon. To be honest, with all the hype these boards get I did have high expectations that it was going to blow away my old Rome board. I was expecting more soft, buttery, poppy goodness. It's still early and I'm keeping an open mind though. I really want to like this board.

On the other hand, I'm liking the Malavitas. No complaints on the first day with them.
canbc is offline   Reply With Quote