Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - First day with a Never Summer Evo... stiff?
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 03:37 AM   #8 (permalink)
lonerider
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by canbc View Post
I hear you. I'm around your age and wear upper and lower body protection when riding now. I do a lot of night riding and it comes in handy in the park.

Just to clarify, I didn't mean that the Evo is stiff compared to a Custom X. I just I find it on the stiff side from what I was expecting for a park board. I'm still planning to ride it for this season so hopefully it will grow on me soon. To be honest, with all the hype these boards get I did have high expectations that it was going to blow away my old Rome board. I was expecting more soft, buttery, poppy goodness. It's still early and I'm keeping an open mind though. I really want to like this board.

On the other hand, I'm liking the Malavitas. No complaints on the first day with them.
Never Summer started out making freeride snowboards and that heritage continues on in that they don't make a true buttery noodle jibstick and all of these board can handle some level of freeriding.

I really like my Never Summer boards, but to be honest, they are not head above shoulders (is that the phrase?) better than every other board in the market for every rider. I think Never Summer gets pretty overhyped on this forum. Never Summer boards just currently happen to match the style of riding I want to do really well. BTW, I used to own a Rome Agent 152 and that thing was one of my favorite boards - but I gave it to my friend after his board got stolen at Northstar. I really should go back and see what they've been cooking in the last couple of years (a few years ago it didn't sound like they had their rocker shapes quite dialed in).

Last edited by lonerider; 11-16-2012 at 03:42 AM.
lonerider is offline   Reply With Quote