Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - First day with a Never Summer Evo... stiff?
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 08:18 AM   #9 (permalink)
hikeswithdogs
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonerider View Post
Never Summer started out making freeride snowboards and that heritage continues on in that they don't make a true buttery noodle jibstick and all of these board can handle some level of freeriding.

I really like my Never Summer boards, but to be honest, they are not head above shoulders (is that the phrase?) better than every other board in the market for every rider. I think Never Summer gets pretty overhyped on this forum. Never Summer boards just currently happen to match the style of riding I want to do really well. BTW, I used to own a Rome Agent 152 and that thing was one of my favorite boards - but I gave it to my friend after his board got stolen at Northstar. I really should go back and see what they've been cooking in the last couple of years (a few years ago it didn't sound like they had their rocker shapes quite dialed in).
No doubt they make great boards but all the "hype" is a major turn off for me not to mention how often they are stolen.

I'd rather ride a K2, Saloman, Arbor or something like that as I hate nothing more than the "me too" syndrome.