Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Bought a Proto CT, sending it back for something else
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 11:34 AM   #26 (permalink)
lonerider
Veteran Member

Quote:
This. I had an Evo for a season, the board never wowed me, all I ever felt was "meh". Sold it and haven't looked back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BFBF View Post
Same. "Meh" is probably the nicest word I could come up with..

Sounds like OP got caught up in the NS fever/hype/plague and has "board remorse"..

The cure for board remorse is to go buy something else to until you catch "paralysis by over analysis"
To be honest, I actually don't really the ride of the Evo that much. It kind of mushy and doesn't have good pop - the Proto is almost exactly the same except it is much snapper in the nose and tail hence has much better pop.

I'm not like BA or Nivek so I only get to actually ride like 5-6 boards a year (if I'm really trying to demo a lot maybe 8-10) as in my opinion the only way you can really know how a board rides... is to actually ride it.

So once I found that the latest Never Summer boards offered a ride I personally like, I just kind of stayed with that brand (while at the same trying a few other brands like OMatic, K2, Ride, to see if I should change). I even own two Burton boards (Fish and X8), even though in general I don't like Burton... I will ride their boards if I like how they ride. Maybe I should try out a Lib or Gnu again... I hate how the BTX/MTX felt in the 2008, 2009, 2010 models... but maybe I should try out the latest C2BTX or C3BTX.

Last edited by lonerider; 11-16-2012 at 02:25 PM.
lonerider is offline   Reply With Quote