Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - First day with a Never Summer Evo... stiff?
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 12:01 PM   #11 (permalink)
Donutz
Drunk with power...er beer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonerider View Post
I really like my Never Summer boards, but to be honest, they are not head above shoulders (is that the phrase?) better than every other board in the market for every rider.
I don't think any board (or any piece of equipment) can be significantly better than the competition, at least not for long. The only exception would be a radically better design that is patented. Even then they'd license it to competitors, and the playing field would level again.

You get niche players like Flow bindings that use a different design and appeal to a certain market segment. You've got players like Burton that provide a mounting alternative or three. You've got occasionally players that get a huge bump because of a perceived cool factor. But in terms of quality, everyone's using more or less the same technology and the same base materials, so you should end up with more or less the same quality of board for the same price range.

I like my NS Heritage because it's the first non-cheapy board I've owned. I don't have a lot of experience with different good-quality boards. There's not a lot of opportunity to test-drive boards in Western Canada, so once you find something that works you'll tend to stick with it unless you have a lot of $$ to burn.

I don't think NS is "the best". I do think it's damn well good enough for my riding.

Yeah, that's me, Tracer Bullet. I've got eight slugs in me. One's lead,
the rest bourbon. The drink packs a wallop, and I pack a revolver. I'm
a private eye.
-- Calvin
Donutz is offline   Reply With Quote