Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - tremblant vs killington
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 01:16 PM   #12 (permalink)
lonerider
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharcyde View Post
Some friends and i are planning a trip for dec 30-jan 6 and we're looking closest at tremblent or killington. none of us have been to anything bigger than moonstone or blue so we are looking for any input. I really like how tremblant is close to sauveur which has night skiing but killington is noticeably cheaper and has more slopes.

This is for four snowboarders, 2 are able to handle double diamonds and are novice park riders, and 2 are challenged by blacks.

We are open to other places, but prefer anything within a days drive of toronto
I used to ride Killington back around 2000 and we did a trip up to Mt.Orford and Tremblant two years in a row. I would say we liked Tremblant better because the colder weather (it was like -25F/-30C at the end of January) means there is a good chance of true East coast powder.

Not a very good illustration of Quebec mountains... but here is a video we maybe of one of our trips (the first 3 mins is non-snowboard stuff like rock-paper-scissors pushups contest, the rest is all freestyle segment back in the days before SnowboardAddiction... so please be kind to our crappy technique as most of us had only been snowboarding for two seasons at that time).

Only have a few random photos of us doing jumps at Tremblant (that is not me in the photo)... but I remember it being really fun.

lonerider is offline   Reply With Quote