Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Carson City. Anyone here live there? Or abouts?
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 04:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
mixie
Veteran Member

Default Carson City. Anyone here live there? Or abouts?

well, it's close to tahoe and it's NOT in california.

Im renting my house out in LA this spring so I can GTFO of cali. Carson City is on the top of the list of possible places to move to. Im going to check it out in january and again in the spring along with a few other places.

in the mean time...any one have any info you'd like to share? I've already browsed the websites for the chamber of commerce and the city itself. I'm not too concerned with the work situation however. As long as there is reliable high speed internet, Im pretty good on that front.

Mostly curious about what it's like to live there, how easy it is to get to tahoe when it's dumping is it all old people and families etc? According to census data it's not all old people but it seems like the only reason people move there is to retire (which is kinda of what Im doing but Im younger then most retireees!)

I figure the crime and drugs can't be worse then where I am now and any entertainment i need wouldb e fount in tahoe.

however Im concerned about food. Like is there thai, viet namese and sushi?! or am I gonna have to forgo that?

Last edited by mixie; 11-16-2012 at 04:18 PM.
mixie is offline   Reply With Quote