Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Burton Cartel, Mission and Malavita - what are their Union equivalents?
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 03:27 PM   #11 (permalink)
phony_stark
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty100 View Post
Thanks for the info. I doubt I'll have the chance to demo so trying to figure out where each binding fits in the scheme of things flex-wise. I appreciate it's also down to personal preference and "feel" and difficult to pigeon hole as a result. But just a broad outline in terms of stiffness and flex across the range is helpful to get me looking in the right place to begin with.

For what it's worth I'll be riding a Yes Great Beauties board and the bindings I'm considering are:

Union - Contact Pro or Atlas
Burton - Cartel or Malavita
Flux - DMCC light

I think something forgiving (but not too forgiving) in terms of highback flex is what I'm after. I'm still fairly new to the sport and would probably benefit from med or med-soft binding as I look to develop my skills etc.
Atlas.

I had contact pros on my Great Dudes, and they worked fab, good lateral flex and still responsive straight back, but the Atlas is my favorite binding ever of any that I've tried from any line. It's soft enough or stiff enough to be put on anything. They'll definitely grow with you and can be put on any board you end up buying.

This is senseless talk, but I thought it was just wrong to put burton bindings on a board that was made up of members that burton dropped from the team. Then again, I also believe in rally caps, and put on my hockey equipment one side at a time. Malavitas are rad bindings though.

I've never ridden Flux bindings so I have no comment, people like them though.
phony_stark is offline   Reply With Quote