Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Carson City. Anyone here live there? Or abouts?
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 05:49 PM   #3 (permalink)
mixie
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowklinger View Post
I'm all about food myself, I get this, running to grab a bowl of pho on my way in to work now as a matter of fact!

thanks. and yeah, food is the #1 thing I like about LA.

I mean, I had burmese food the other day, Burmese food fer gawds sake!!! I've accepted that I am not going to find that pretty much anywhere else. But decent sushi and bun is kind of important. I prefer bun and bahn mi to pho but I do like pho as well....but I will be back to the home land every other month or so for family/work visits. so that's not the end of the world.

I am more worried about uptight religious people, which is why Im not considering Utah. (and it's too far from my nieces/nephews) I'll take the bunny ranch over a bunch of church people any day of the week. Or that the population is all over 70 or something. I know NV has medical mj, but how hard is it to get a card?!

I personally hate vegas. I had a really bad trip there one time, at a frickin dead show (yeah, Im old) and I've never really gotten over it LA is closer to Vegas then Carson City I think, anyway.

so why is the area not for you? seriously?

Im looking to get away from millions of people, smog, traffic, noise, idiots, insane cost of living etc...and somewhere that is closer to the mountains. I am very close to mountains now but not ones with snow

Last edited by mixie; 11-16-2012 at 05:55 PM.
mixie is offline   Reply With Quote