Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Carson City. Anyone here live there? Or abouts?
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 05:07 PM   #5 (permalink)
mixie
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2hipp4u View Post
I lived there back in the 80s for about six months, pretty nice clean little town. Unlike Reno which has really went down hill the last few years. Pretty conservative and not really a party town. The road to Tahoe was always maintained well and its just a 30 minute drive from your door to the slopes.

I was there about two years ago and the freeway from Reno to Carson looked to be close to completion at that time.

thanks! That is my biggest concern really. Being able to get to Tahoe in a storm. And getting back down the 395 to Cali. Not as concerned with getting to Reno but it's important.

Fine with it not being a party town, there's plenty of that around the lake and in reno Im sure. I'd like to avoid that actually! It seems really, really cheap there. And I can't seem to figure out why, like what's wrong with it? There's not much in the way of jobs but with it's close proximity to Tahoe I thought it would be more expensive to live there.

I do plan on visiting in Jan but I figured it can't hurt to ask around either.