Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Right size for me?
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 07:07 PM   #17 (permalink)
lonerider
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by protechjump View Post
I have 3 seasons of snowboarding under my belt with 40+ days each season. I believe I'm an advanced-expert snowboarder. I've boarded with a Sims Vice 2009 (So shitty they sell it at sportmart) for all my days. I'm 5'9 and 135 pounds and have ordered the Burton Custom X 160cm. My riding style is freeriding and jumps. Have I made a terrible mistake? Or is this a good length since I'm advanced? THanks for your answers
Anyone who has read my posts knows that I prefer longer, stiffer boards that most people on this forum... BUT in this case I would recommend going shorter to like 156 or even the 152 (I just looked up the size recommendations on Burton's website). My reasoning is that the Custom X is so much a step up from your previous board and no offense, but I'm still not sure about how advanced you are at riding (I have never seen you ride).

It is totally possible you will love the 160 cm Custom X, but without knowing you very well, I can't say I would recommend it to people in general.
lonerider is offline   Reply With Quote