Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Right size for me?
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 08:39 PM   #24 (permalink)
lonerider
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiredsport View Post
Hi Lonerider,

I appreciate your comment. Consider, however, that Burton designed this board specifically for pros and top level riders and by their own suggestion they reate the 160 cm as 3 sizes too large for the OP (and that would be with the assumption that he is a pro level rider). That is coming directly from the manufacturer who designed this model. We are trying to help this user out.

This is not the right board for him.
I totally agree about matching a peroson with the board designs own suggestions, I personally would put him on a 152 (the shortest size they have) - but heck if he really is as good as he says he is (those Vancouver racers are no joke) and going really fast... the 160cm is going to be tough, but it is not going to be impossible for him to ride. Once you are at expert level... board lengths are most just suggestions (I doubt you would have recommended for me to ride a 178 cm board at 140 lbs either).

After the last few days, I'm tired of arguing with people when they don't want to listen. He is really that determined (or that stupid) I say let him do it. Either he's going to have a terrible time (and learn an important life lesson)... or he's going to be alright. Eitherway its going to be entertaining.

Last edited by lonerider; 11-16-2012 at 09:00 PM.
lonerider is offline   Reply With Quote