Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - How tight should I be tightening my boots? (Burton Ions)
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 09:26 PM   #1 (permalink)
rvcasrfr

Default How tight should I be tightening my boots? (Burton Ions)

So this is my 4th season boarding and I've replaced all my gear. I've used rentals and second hand crap that have left me with sore feet and terrible heel lift for the past 3 years and after putting a huge chunk of change away and testing out a bunch of boots in shops I decided on the Burton Ions. I've done 3 days in them and I have to say, I'm really, really bummed out

In the store they fit great (a little tight, but I bought a half size down for packout). After the first 2 days they packed out beautifully. Almost absolutely zero heel lift and they rode exactly how I had hoped. One small problem - PRESSURE POINTS!!! On the inside of both my feet right above the ball of my foot it hurts like CRAZY after 2-3 runs. If I loosen the liner/boot then it somewhat goes away but then I get F***ING HEEL LIFT! Oh, and I've already had them heat molded and have Super Feet footbeds

So how tight should I be tightening my boots? To get zero heel lift I tighten them ALL the way. I mean I seal the velcro on that liner tight, tighten the liner good, and pull those speed laces tight enough that the boot feels like it's molded around my foot. If not for those pressure points they would be PERFECT at that tightness. Am I tightening too tight? Did I just spend $450 on boots that aren't actually right for my foot? Ugh..

EDIT: Also I'm strapped into Cartel ESTs so I don't think it's a binding issue, unless the specifics of my binding setup could be causing such issues?

Last edited by rvcasrfr; 11-16-2012 at 09:33 PM.
rvcasrfr is offline   Reply With Quote