Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Right size for me?
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 09:35 PM   #27 (permalink)
protechjump

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonerider View Post
I totally agree about matching a peroson with the board designs own suggestions, I personally would put him on a 152 (the shortest size they have) - but heck if he really is as good as he says he is (those Vancouver racers are no joke) and going really fast... the 160cm is going to be tough, but it is not going to be impossible for him to ride. Once you are at expert level... board lengths are most just suggestions (I doubt you would have recommended for me to ride a 178 cm board at 140 lbs either).

After the last few days, I'm tired of arguing with people when they don't want to listen. He is really that determined (or that stupid) I say let him do it. Either he's going to have a terrible time (and learn an important life lesson)... or he's going to be alright. Eitherway its going to be entertaining.
I like a challenge, I mean at this level snowboarding is gradually getting boring, considering I've been on every run In BC. If I'm really having trouble ill just put on a 30 pound backpack close to my center of gravity. I guess the difference of a few cm's is big or you guys are really emphasizing it. I know most of your intentions are good so I'll trust you. Lets not forget how light the custom x is. My current board is heavier than the 160 and my board is 148! Can I ask another question? I've recently broken my shin, 3 months ago, and the leg is weak. It's my lead foot. Does anyone know if I'm going to be worse than I used to be? Thanks for the help
protechjump is offline   Reply With Quote