Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Carson City. Anyone here live there? Or abouts?
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012, 03:31 AM   #8 (permalink)
snowklinger
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixie View Post
thanks. and yeah, food is the #1 thing I like about LA.

I mean, I had burmese food the other day, Burmese food fer gawds sake!!! I've accepted that I am not going to find that pretty much anywhere else. But decent sushi and bun is kind of important. I prefer bun and bahn mi to pho but I do like pho as well....but I will be back to the home land every other month or so for family/work visits. so that's not the end of the world.

I am more worried about uptight religious people, which is why Im not considering Utah. (and it's too far from my nieces/nephews) I'll take the bunny ranch over a bunch of church people any day of the week. Or that the population is all over 70 or something. I know NV has medical mj, but how hard is it to get a card?!

I personally hate vegas. I had a really bad trip there one time, at a frickin dead show (yeah, Im old) and I've never really gotten over it LA is closer to Vegas then Carson City I think, anyway.

so why is the area not for you? seriously?

Im looking to get away from millions of people, smog, traffic, noise, idiots, insane cost of living etc...and somewhere that is closer to the mountains. I am very close to mountains now but not ones with snow
jeez we are gonna have fun one of these days...i dunno I'm sure the fact that my inlaws are there doesnt help lol. Its nothing against them but usually we are there with like 20 other people in a crazy environment with grandkids and family drama.

The landscape is pretty awesome...the culture to me is just....curious...? I mean you are trying to pretty much escape most of what LA culture is about? so seems like a good idea. I'm sure I could move there now get an epic pass and be pretty fucken happy.

That desert cowboy culture is just interesting...

.. ending up there I s'pose isn't far from the realm of possibility for me with them getting older there.