Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Carson City. Anyone here live there? Or abouts?
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012, 08:52 AM   #10 (permalink)
chomps1211
Not quite reformed yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixie View Post
...I personally hate vegas. I had a really bad trip there one time, at a frickin dead show (yeah, Im old) and I've never really gotten over it LA is closer to Vegas then Carson City I think, anyway.

...Im looking to get away from millions of people, smog, traffic, noise, idiots, insane cost of living etc...and somewhere that is closer to the mountains. I am very close to mountains now but not ones with snow
I know "Culture Shock" has been mentioned, but it sounds like you've had some experience with the quirks & nuances of various other communities that you shouldn't have too much trouble adjusting. Besides,.. as a "Dead Head", you've already experienced some of the weirdest of the weird!

Don't completely ignore the possible effects of it though. I went thru similar shock several times in my life. Going from High School & the rural suburbs of Detroit to the military, a 6 Mo tour in Okinawa Japan, then SoCal (...SanClemente, Laguna, Newport B. etc.) Then moving to NoCal,.. Humboldt County, Eureka. Arcata area. (My ex. was a SoCal Deb,.. she never did get used to the Redwoods!)

Talk about culture shock!! Humboldt Co. had everything! From Redneck Hillbilly's (...including some honest to god, hood wearing' KKK) Bikers & meth labs, ...stuck up rich bitch college posers, (Humboldt State Univ.) Then there were the 16-17 yo white girl wanna b hippi chicks with dreads, hairy legs & tie dye panties! along with genuine 60-70 yo "Love In" drop outs from the 60's!!! (...the last 2 groups compromised the majority of the "Dead" contingent for the region!) I loved it up there!!

A few years ago I was thinking about moving back west & did some relocation research. Found this site and used it to compare places & this particular link might be of some use to you. Carson City NV crime rates and statistics - NeighborhoodScout

It also has some good real estate & employment graphical maps & info.

2012/13 (48) days out!
2013/14 (44) days out!
chomps1211 is online now   Reply With Quote