Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Trampoline training?
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012, 10:51 AM   #9 (permalink)
Donutz
Drunk with power...er beer.

Timmy, It's Quantum Gymnastics out in Maple Ditch. Quantum Gymnastics Centre . I may have grabbed the last open spot though. I would have liked to book at Aviva, which is much closer to home, but they're booked solid until Feb.

Anyway, let's not go overboard. I'm going to start with a tamedog, which looks like about the safest invert. If that doesn't stop my heart on the spot, I'll continue from there.

Snowolf, you hit the hammer right on the thumb. I've notice a tendency to go off-axis when I try to spin, so I'm hoping I can work on my stability in that area as well.

Slyder made a comment in another thread about a jump happening in a blink, with no memory of the actual event. I think this is what happens when you're doing something that your brain doesn't have any references to process with. The solution is to get used to the motion or event or whatever until your brain has established a way to deal with it. Then you can actually consciously experience what's happening. So the tramp practice should just allow me to get used to being in the air enough to be able to deal with it when I'm on the snow.

INNUENDO:
Italian enema.
Donutz is offline   Reply With Quote