Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Looking for new bindings...
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012, 05:26 PM   #3 (permalink)
Alkasquawlik
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHeagz View Post
I just picked up a new Yes-PYL and I currently have a 2010/11 Trice w/ Ride SPI bindings. Bindings for me have always been an afterthought and most of my focus has been on the board and the boots. My riding style is almost purely freeriding. I'm currently considering picking up a pair of Union Atlas or Force bindings that would be used interchangeably w/ the boards.

I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on these binding or any other types of bindings that may be more suited to my riding style.

Also, I've seen a lot of reviews raving about the Now bindings and my local shop guys seem to like them. The concept doesn't make complete sense to me, b/c I feel like you're giving a little response until you really lean into the turn. Also, are they durable?

BTW my boots are size 10 Thraxis.
Both the Forces and Atlas bindings will work for you and your riding style.

The Force is the stiffer binding out of the two, so it will give you a bit more response. I rode the Forces for a couple years prior to getting on the Atlas last year, and I loved them. I still have a pair from 6-7 years ago that my friend rides, and they're still going. Simplistic, bomb proof. Everything you need/want in a binding, and nothing you don't.

The Atlas is very, very similar to the Force. The different highback and baseplate, however, give it a softer flex than the Force, so it will be less responsive. Don't think that it's some soft ass binding though, because it isn't Like I said, I switched over to the Atlas because I wanted something a bit softer than the Force, and the Atlas fit my riding style perfectly. The Atlas still has enough response to kill it all over the mountain, I rode both bindings on the exact same board and rode all over Tahoe on them.

It just comes down to what you prefer, flex-wise. I'd go with the Force, unless you already know you want something a bit softer, then go with the Atlas.